Skip To Main Content

Letter to Parents Household Income Form (HIF)

Letter to Parents for Community Eligibility Provision


Dear Parent/Guardian:

Morgan County Schools are participating in the Community Eligibility Provision under the National School Lunch Program. The CEP provision is directed toward schools with a high percentage of economically disadvantaged students. Under CEP all students receive a breakfast/lunch at no charge for the entire school year. However, to determine eligibility to receive additional benefits for your child(ren) you will need to complete a Household Income Form.


1. Do I need to fill out a FORM for each child?  

        No. Use one Household and Income Form (HIF) for all students in your household. You cannot save an incomplete form, so be sure to fill out all required information. If you have any questions regarding the online form or need assistance, call Lisa Hoskins, 606 743-8002.



        Many state and federal programs use socioeconomic status (that is, household & income information) to determine eligibility for their programs. In addition, the primary state funding calculation uses socioeconomic status. By completing the online application your school is able to determine eligibility for additional programs your child(ren) may qualify for. Regardless, your child(ren) will still receive meals at no charge at [Your Child’s School].


3. Who should I include as members of my household?

        You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends) who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children living with you.  If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people who you do not support, who do not share income with you or your children, and who pay a pro-rated share of expenses), do not include them.


4. What if my income is not always the same?

        List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.  If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.


5. We are in the military. do we include our housing allowance as income?

        If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.


6. My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. is his/her combat pay counted as income?

        No, if the combat pay is received in addition to his/her basic pay because of his/her deployment and it wasn’t received before s/he was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income.  Contact your school or Lisa Hoskins for more information.

If you have other questions or need help, call [606 743-8002].





Lisa Hoskins

Free/Reduced Application Manager (FRAM) Coordinator,

Morgan County Schools



USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

click on the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement to read